Many have forgotten the idea of dieting. Because diet is not the easiest way. Often the most delicious food is forbidden, and most people try to find a room to shake, making the wrong choices and failing to achieve their goals. We have compiled a list of ketone dietary foods that serve as guides to help us achieve our goals for health and nutrition. The ketone diet, or short keto diet, is a kind of diet that offers many health benefits, with a focus on low carb, high fat consumption. In fact, several studies show that the keto diet not only helps you lose weight, but also improves your health. Ketone diets have been found to be beneficial for many diseases such as epilepsy, cancer and diabetes.
What is a ketone diet food?The keto diet is very similar to the Atkins and other low-carb diets, and encourages you to eat foods that are low in carbohydrates and eat more fat instead. With low carb intake, the body undergoes a metabolic process called ketosis. In ketosis, when the body wants to lose weight by burning fat with fuel instead of carbohydrates, it is more effective, mentally clear and energized. When ketosis is achieved, the body will undergo changes such as decreased appetite, changes in carbohydrates in the urine or breath, improved concentration and energy. Usually, after starting a keto diet, it takes about three days for the body to enter ketosis, but it takes several weeks for the body to adapt efficiently to burning fat instead of carbohydrates. In general, the benefits of a keto diet plan are almost the same as other low-carb diets, but the results are usually amplified. For example, many diet plans don't actually improve mental concentration like the Keto diet. A keto diet is expected to decrease insulin and blood sugar levels and increase ketones. Among the edible keto diet foods, they belong to the food groups listed below.
- Fat and oil. Fats consumed in keto diets should be taken from natural sources such as nuts and meats and paired with saturated and monounsaturated fats such as olive oil, butter and coconut oil.
- Preferably, get protein from pasture, pasture and organic meats. Most meats do not have sugar content, so they can be eaten in moderation. But if you do not eat too much, the keto diet will not work.
- Fruits and vegetables. Whether you like fresh or frozen, prioritize ground vegetables with green or leafy items.
- Choose dairy products that are low in carbohydrates and are high in fat, such as hard cheeses. Always choose foods high in fat.
- Seeds and nuts. To make your meal more fun, you can add seeds and nuts to your food. Choose nuts with a high fat content, such as almonds and macadamia nuts.
- Drink plenty of water. If you want more flavor, try lime or lemon juice.
Complete List of Ketogenic Diet FoodsFat and oil During the ketone diet, most calories must be sourced from fat. That is, you can always choose delicious and foods you do not want to eat. You can mix and match different ways to make your food more delicious, like dressing, adding sauce, or using more butter than ever before. Your body needs fat, but too much can be especially dangerous if you eat it incorrectly. There are several types of ketone diets that you need to eat, but most foods aren't hard because you usually have a mix of different types of fat. Here's a quick overview that gives you a better idea.
- trans fat. Avoid this as much as possible. These are hydrogenated fats that have been chemically processed to extend the shelf life of many foods. An example of foods high in trans fats is margarine, and eating too much can cause heart problems.
- Polyunsaturated fats. There are two types, processed and natural. Processed polyunsaturated fats are found in margarine spreads, and natural polyunsaturated fats are sourced from fatty fish and animal proteins.
- Monounsaturated fats. Can be found in macadamia nuts, avocados and olives.
- Saturated fat. You can find them in lard, coconut oil, ghee and butter.
- MCT Oil
- Macadamia oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut oil
- olive oil
- Cocoa butter
- Coconut butter
- Brazil / Macadamia Nuts
- Egg yolk
- Non-Digested Animal Fat
- Fat fish
Keto Protein Food ListAlways look for protein supplied from grass and pasture breeding animals to avoid steroid hormones or bacteria intake. For poultry, always choose dark meat as much as possible, because it is more fat than white meat. To get the essential omega 3, add fatty fish to your diet. Below is a selection of foods rich in proteins that are beneficial for a ketone diet.
- poultry. Pheasant, quail, duck, chicken and other wild games.
- Pork. Cut into thinner when buying ham, tenderloin, pork ribs, pork fillet, ground pork. Be careful if you add sugar.
- beef. Once again, choose fatty cuts when buying stew, roast, steak and ground beef.
- Whole eggs. The local market should have eggs. Prepare in all possible ways-scrambled, poached, boiled, devilish, fried.
- clam. Squid, mussels, scallops, crabs, lobster, oysters and clams.
- fish. The fatter the fish, the better it is for the keto diet. Your choices include tuna, trout, bream, salmon, mahi mahi, mackerel, hali chi, under chi, cod, catfish and other fish caught in the wild.
- Long-term / official. Rich in nutrients and vitamins, as well as tongue, kidneys, liver and heart.
- Other meat. Fattier cuts still apply. You can choose turkey, sheep, goat and veal.
- Sausages and bacon. Avoid hardening with extra filler and sugar. Nitrate is not a problem.
- Nut Butter. Be careful because legumes are rich in omega 6. But try fatty unsweetened fats like macadamia nut butter and almond butter.
Keto Friendly Fruits And VegetablesFruits and vegetables are an essential part of the keto diet, but certain varieties with a lot of sugar need to be careful. You must be able to identify them so as not to make a mistake to destroy your diet. Always eat low-carb vegetables but are rich in nutrients. They are easy to identify because they are leafy and dark. If you actually find vegetables similar to cabbage or spinach, immediately include them in your diet. Try to get a sufficient amount:
- Citrus fruits. This includes oranges, limes, and lemons.
- Strawberry. Whether it's blueberries, blackberries or raspberries, they're all delicious.
- Night Shade. Eat healthy amounts of peppers, eggplants and tomatoes.
Keto Dairy ProductsDairy products should be taken with other food groups included in the keto diet, but as always, regulation is important. Most meals should consist of oils and fats, proteins and vegetables. People who have trouble with dairy consumption have low lactose, so eat old and hard dairy products. Some examples are:
- Mayonnaise and mayonnaise alternatives
- Hard cheeses such as Swiss, feta, cheese, and cheddar cheese
- Soft cheeses such as Monterey Jack, Colby, Blue, Brie and Mozzarella
- Spreads like creme fraiche, mascarpone, sour cream, cream cheese and cottage cheese
- Heavy whipped cream
- Greek yogurt.
Keto seeds and nutsTo get rid of antinutrients, you need to bake before eating seeds and nuts. Peanuts belong to the legumes and do not follow the ketogenic concept, so avoid peanuts in every cut. Many people use raw nuts to add texture or enhance the taste of their meals. Some people like snacks, but they can be satisfied, but they don't exactly contribute to their weight loss goals. In fact, snacks only increase the body's insulin levels, slowing down weight loss. If you are craving nuts, at least choose something that is beneficial for your keto diet.
- Pine nuts
- Brazil nuts
Keto drinkDrinking water is not only necessary for those on a keto diet, but is also essential. However, this type of diet can be a diuretic, so hydration is important for hydrating the body, especially if bladder pain or urinary tract infections are susceptible. Do you always remember to drink 8 glasses of water every day? Keep doing that but actually add more. Better if you can drink gallons of water every day. This is to ensure that you do not experience “keto flu” because you do not have electrolytes and dehydration during the first few days of the keto diet. Drink plenty of fluids to replenish the electrolyte. The electrolyte should be easy, since it is not limited to water. You can also drink sports drinks and bone broth occasionally. With regard to keto diet friendly drinks, there are many choices such as:
- water. The main cause of hydration. Always keep the bottle aside and always refill, refill and refill.
- car. Choose green tea or black tea, as well as tea.
- coffee. Coffee is rich in antioxidants, has a weight loss effect, and improves mental concentration.
- gravy. The broth easily replenishes the electrolyte. It is also rich in vitamins and nutrients and tastes great.
- Almond or coconut milk. Replace your favorite dairy drink with almond milk or coconut milk, but buy a sweet version from the store.
Other Health Benefits of Ketone DietsWhat happened to the Keto diet is actually interesting. Back to the 1920s Epilepsy treatment And other nervous system disorders. In fact, it is not surprising why the keto diet makes an important contribution to your health. Studies show that this kind of diet can help many health conditions.
- acne: Lowering processed foods, sweet foods, and insulin levels can help curb the growth of acne.
- Brain damage: Keto diets can speed up recovery after brain surgery and reduce concussion.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Reduced insulin levels in the body reduces the risk of developing polycystic ovary syndrome.
- Parkinson's disease: Studies have shown that keto can help prevent Parkinson's disease.
- epilepsy: As mentioned, this disorder is the reason why the keto diet was developed.
- Alzheimer's disease. Keto diet can stop the progression of Alzheimer's disease.
- cancer: There are studies showing that the keto diet can slow tumor growth and cure many types of cancer.
- heart disease: Risk factors are removed from the keto diet, including blood sugar, blood pressure, HDL cholesterol levels and body fat.
Food to avoidWe have already discussed which food groups to dig during the keto diet, so you need to place foods to avoid. Before we proceed, look again at the list above to build a mental image of the type of meal you need to prepare so that the ketone diet can do something amazing. Not all food is good. To achieve your weight loss goals, avoid the foods below or keep them in moderation.
- Low fat food. When buying groceries, develop a habit of reading the labels of every product you buy. Do not buy foods high in sugar and carbohydrates, as they tend to be low in fat. Always look for the fat version.
- Big fruit. Unfortunately, you may want to say goodbye to bananas and apples. This fruit is very high in sugar, so it is not good for the keto diet. Strawberries are great but do not overeat.
- trans fat. Hydrogenated fats are bad, so do not put them in spreads other than margarine craving or butter.
- starch. You may want to remove muesli and oats from the cupboard and say goodbye to yams and potatoes. You can eat root crops, but keep them light.
- gig. Whole grain and wheat products should not be part of the diet. This includes quinoa, buckwheat, barley, rye and wheat, and foods include corn, rice, pastries, cakes, cereals, pasta, bread and beer.
- Sugar. Basically, sweet foods that you can think of should be avoided. A bit sad, but you can not eat ice cream, chocolate, candy, juice and soda. You can taste and taste a little bit.